Chicken -1/2 kg
Shallots - 1 cup
Dry red chilli -4
Dhania -4 tbsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Rice -1 tsp
Oil -1 tbsp
Pepper -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves -few
Salt as required
|Idli with chicken kuzhambu|
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan and fry the rice,dry red chillies,dhania and allow it to cool and grind separately as coarse powder.
- In the same pan fry the cinnamon,cloves,shallots until soft and slight golden brown.
- Add the fried shallots to dhania powder and grind them to a fine paste adding a glass of water.
- Add this paste to the cleaned chicken,salt,turmeric powder and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Heat a tsp of oil,add mustard and let it splutter. Then add pepper and curry leaves and pour into the curry.
- Serve hot with Rice/Idli/Dosa of your choice.
- When we grind all the ingredients together dhania will remain whole, so first grind the dhania as a powder and then add other ingredients to make paste.
- You can also add dhania/coriander powder also,but adding dhania gives a fine flavor,but doesn't make much difference.