Manchurian is a recipe originated from Chinese and can be prepared either in dry or in a gravy form. This dish serves to be a better side dish for pulao,fried rices,noodles... Though the recipe of gravy and dry Manchurian are similar the method of preparation is quite same with change in few steps. Here I have posted a recipe with added chilli paste which gives a spicy flavor and bright color.
Capsicum -1 small size
Finely chopped ginger,garlic -1 tbsp
Dry red chilli paste (soak & grind ) -1 tbsp
Soy sauce -1 tsp
Corn flour -1 tsp
Spring onions - 1 tbsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Salt as required
To marinate :
Chicken -1/4 kg
Corn flour -2 tsp
Maida -2 tsp
Soy sauce -1/2 tsp
White pepper powder -1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash the chicken and marinate with corn flour,Maida,white pepper powder, soy sauce and salt.
2. Leave it aside for about 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated chicken until golden brown.
4. Heat oil in a thick kadai/wok, add the finely chopped garlic and ginger.
5. Saute twice and add the diced onion and capsicum and fry for about a minute.
6. Meanwhile soak the red chilli in little water and grind to a fine paste. Add this to the sauted onions.
7. Also add a tsp of soy sauce.
8. Mix well until the paste sprewads evenly.
9. Now add in the fried chicken pieces and saute.
10. To this add little water (say about 1/2 glass)) and allow it to boil for sometime.
11. When the chicken becomes soft after cooking, slowly add a tsp of cornflour mixed in water.
12. The Manchurian starts thickening in gravy form. At this stage add chopped spring onions and mix well.
13. Serve hot with fried rice,noodles and pulao.....
|Chicken Manchurian gravy|
- Do not add add readymade chilli paste. Soak and grind for this recipe.
- Add cornflour paste slowly to avoid forming lumps. It acts as thickening agent.
- You can also use spring onion white part. Finely chop and add along with garlic.
- Serve hot with fried rice and pulao.