Chicken -1 kg
Cinnamon -2 inch size
Bay leaf -1
Shahi jeera/jeera -1 tsp
Ginger - 2 inch
Garlic -10 pods
Green chilies,redchillies -2 each
Curry leaves -1 stick
Red chilli powder -2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Dhania powder -4 tsp
Pepper powder -1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Oil -2 tbsp
Salt as required
- Cut the onion,tomato lengthwise.slit the g.chilli, crush the ginger and 7 pods of garlic.
- Heat oil in kadai/pan,add cloves cinnamon,bay leaf,shahi jeera,onion and saute for a while.
- Put in the chilies,curry leaves and fry till onion turns light brown. add ginger, garlic and saute for a while.
- Now add the tomato and cook till mushy.
- Add in the chicken,swirl well and add the spice powders and mix well till the masalas get coated.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.then pour 1 or 2 glass of water.
- When the chicken is half cooked add in the salt and close the lid again and keep mixing in between at this stage as the chicken is about to get cooked.
- Cut the shallots and garlic into thin slices and finely chopped coriander when the chicken is cooked completely.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Please do not forget to add sliced shallots at the end as this adds a great aroma and taste to the chicken gravy.
- Adding shahijeera to this dish gives a good flavor.If you do not have shahi jeera then add normal jeera.
- As it does not require any blending process, this recipe can be prepared when we go for trekking or tour.
- By adding or reducing the water level this recipe can be adjusted to varuval or gravy. So this is 2 in 1 process recipe.