Fish -7 pieces
Curd -1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste -1 tsp
Rice flour -1 tsp
Salt as required
Red chilli powder -4 tsp
Oil to fry
- Clean the fish : First wash the fish about 5 to 6 times in water. Add the turmeric powder, salt and mix or rub well and leave aside for about 10 minutes and then just wash only for about 2 times.
- Mix all the above ingredients (except oil)to afine paste
- Apply on both sides of fish and leave it aside for about 2 hours.
- Heat a flat pan/flat skillet and add required oil to fry. The oil should cover till half of the fish.
- Leave for about 1 minute in medium flame till one side gets cooked, then turn the other side to fry.
- Instead of ginger- garlic paste you can also use whole ginger and garlic pods,if you are grinding the ingredients in blender.
- To avoid masalas coming out while frying....... Take care not to apply more masalas over the fish,just apply a coating.
- while frying wait for at least a minute to turn the fish for frying. Because continuous turning will make the masalas dropping out.
- When making the marinated fish to dry, take care to turn other side after an hour. You can do the same process keeping in freezer instead of room outside.
- Also refer fish fry recipe (method 1) where I have added additional compounds for frying.