After a break of 1 week I felt to share something which I really worth a new try of chicken recipe. Usually in South we don't add more of cardamom in making traditional chicken recipes. So this I can say purely of North Indian touch.This reminds one of my Bengali friend who carries chicken with cardamom flavor. I tried out for the first time when my loving sis..as she likes to taste something new. It really turned out perfect and awesome. So this week I prepared the same when my Uncle came. Though my hubby prefers curry always in non veg, appreciated its perfect and from there I confirmed its really worth doing this simple gravy...(only u have to chop more onions:)
A very simple recipe for bachelors to cook....only required of chopping onions in fine pieces :-)
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Onion - 4 big size (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder -3 tsp
Curry masal powder - 2 tsp
Cinnamon & Clove powder - 1 tsp
Crushed Cardamom - 7 Nos
Cashew paste - 1 tbsp
Gingelly oil - 3 tbsp
Salt as required
- Clean and wash the chicken and drain out the water completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and roast the chicken brown or until they get half cooked.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in another kadai/tawa and fry onions until golden brown.
- Add all the masala powder, salt and saute for about 5 minutes in low flame.
- Add this ingredients into the roasted chicken and mix well.
- Pour sufficient water about 1 cup, cover with a lid and cook in medium flame.
- When it reaches the gravy consistency, add the cashew past, give a quick stir and keep covered for 5 minutes in simmer.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with Rice /Roti/Phulka of your choice.
- Clean the chicken properly to remove any blood clots.
- If you do not have curry masal powder, replace with garam masala. I use home made curry masal powder in health concern.
- Use boneless chicken if you wish for preparing this gravy, but I used with bones.
- Get the chicken pieces in medium size or small pieces of your choice.
- 1 tbsp of cashew paste can be made from 7-8 cashews.