Previously I have posted the recipe of preparing mutton soup for Infants which can be altered in taste even for adults too. This recipe of preparing Mutton soup is by grinding the spices which gives additional flavor and taste to the soup. Just picking out few pieces before making any mutton curry or gravy will be more than enough for this healthy soup.
Mutton bone pieces - 5-6
Shallots/ Pearl onions - 6
Curry leaves - 1 full stick
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
Peppercorns - 1 tsp
Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic - 3
1. Transfer the contents to grind to a mixer jar.
2. Add about 1/4 glass of water and grind to coarse form.
3. Add all the ingredients together in pressure cooker. (except coriander leaves)
4. Mix well.
5. Close the lid and cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
6. Once pressure is down add chopped coriander leaves.
7. Filter out the liquid soup slowly in separate vessel.
8. Transfer in glasses or cups and enjoy the spicy Mutton soup.
- You can also add one full tomato without chopping when pressure cooked.
- Do not chop shallots or separate the curry leaves. It becomes difficult when filtering the soup in bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper while drinking which adds little spice to the soup.
- You can also mix this soup with Rice and feed for kids.
- In the same way you can prepare aatukaal soup also but the traditional recipe of aatukaal soup is different and will post at the earliest.