When my uncle came last week I wanted to prepare something out of border from our traditional way of preparing gravies and curry and an usual method of preparing chicken kebab/65 as dry item. So I felt best choice would be Cardamom chicken (gravy) and Pepper chicken (dry) in restaurant style. This recipe I got from one of my friend's father, where he got from a hotel. Its so simple to make a dry item of chicken. My uncle who had come is a perfect critic of non-veg foods and I got the compliment its perfect and tasty. So wanted to share with a step wise pictures and I can also pin this for future reference.
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Garlic - 1 full (use half of it with outer cover/skin)
Green chillies -2 -3
Curry leaves - few
Pepper - 2 tsp
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 2 pinches
Corn flour -3 tbsp
White pepper powder - 2 tsp
Soya sauce - 1/4 tsp
Salt as required
1. Marinate chicken with the ingredients under "To Marinate' and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Heat adequate amount of oil and deep fry the chicken pieces.
3. Fry until slight golden brown and keep aside.
4. Finely chop the onion, cut the garlic into two halves, slit the green chillies, dry roast the pepper and grind to a coarse powder.
5. Heat oil in a kadai/skillet, add chopped onion, curry leaves, chilli and fry well.
6. Once the onion is fried add in the cut garlic and saute for a minute.
7. Now add in the fried chicken pieces.
8. Also add the crushed pepper, pepper powder,salt, sprinkle 2 tsp of water and mix well.
9. When the pepper and heat gets spread evely and chicken is soft remove the seeds of lemon and squeeze out the juice into it.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a better simple side dish.
|Pepper Chicken Dry|
- I add half garlic with skin to get a fine flavor, you can also peel off and use them.
- Instead of using pepper powder you can add 1 tsp of pepper while roasting and grind to use.
- If you find the chicken get sticking with pan, then sprinkle little water and keep mixing. DO NOT pour water.
- Adding green chillies gives a better flavor compared to red chillies.
- Salt and spice can be adjusted according to your taste.
|Pepper Chicken (Dry)|