Sunday, February 8, 2015

Chettinad Mutton Masala | Chettinad Spice powder | Chettinad Masala powder


Chettinad Mutton Masala

The term when it comes for masala powder it naturally contains cinnamon,clove so and so..... When we see what is the special ingredient of a chettinad masala powders are they use more of Fennel seeds (Sombu/ Saunf) and coriander seeds. Getting bored always with traditional style of mutton curry in the weekends..... so I wanted to change out my recipe in gravy form.From long time I had a thought of preparing mutton curry in chettinad style and this gravy/curry goes well with Rice and Parathas.



Whole Spices for masala



Ingredients: 

Coriander Seeds - 1/2 cup
Pepper -2 tsp
Fennel seed - 3 tsp
Dry red chilli -7-8
Clove - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 big sticks
Cardamom - 2
Star Anise - 1



Method:



1. Set aside all your ingredients measured.





 2. Dry roast all the ingredients in a kadai.





3. Allow it to cool down and transfer to a mixer jar.





4. Grind it to a fine powder.






 5. Transfer to an air tight container.








Aromatic Chettinad Masala


Note:
  • I did not keep cardamon when arranging the ingredient for a click. Kindly add.
  • I added two varieties of chilli (One for spice and other for color/flavor)
  • This gives a vibrant color to the masala powder. 
  • Roast the ingredients in low flame to avoid burning.
  • You can also roast each ingredient separately if you prefer.
  • You can use this recipe for making vegetable gravies also in chettinad style. 
  • My next post is surely the Mutton curry prepared using the masala powder.

2 comments:

  1. useful post
    Please link this recipe to my event
    http://remyasean.blogspot.in/2015/01/first-blog-anniversary-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Remya.. how to link the post. I could find where to update my recipes. Let me know. Thanks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...