|Chicken Gravy with Mint & Cashew|
This recipe came out when I started to prepare a normal chicken gravy. The actual recipe when cooking in halfway I found salt was added a bit high. Instead adding curd as such to the gravy just tried out grinding with mint and curd. When I felt to have a little thick consistency soaked and grinded the cashews and I served along with rice. So this would be a book mark even for me to prepare the next time.
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Pepper corns - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Chicken masala - 3 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies- 2
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2
Curry leaves - few
Shallots - 10 cup (cut into thin slices)
Garlic - 4
Ginger - 1 inch
Crystal salt - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - to garnish
Paste 1: Mint & Curd
Paste 2: Cashew -10 (soak for 10 minutes and grind to fine paste)
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon, peppercorns, sliced onions,curry leaves and fry until they are soft.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and cook mushy.
- Then add crushed ginger, garlic and cleaned chicken.
- Sprinkle all the spice powders along with salt.
- when the chicken is half cooked add paste 1, cover with a lid and cook until pieces become tender.
- Then add cashew paste and cook until they gets blended evenly.
- Finally add the sliced shallots/pearl onions, mix well and put off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Cut the chicken in medium pieces.
- Always after washing add little turmeric powder,marinate and keep aside until u cook. You can use a little amount from the above given measurement.
- Serve with onion rings spread with lemon,salt and pepper powder.
- This gravy goes best with chapathi/Roti and better with Rice.
- Adding shallots at the last is purely optional, as I follow this step at last when ever I make any non-veg gravies which I learn't from my uncle(peripa)
|Mint-Cashew Chicken gravy|